Sunday, September 19, 2010

Print Ads: Without Words

Some people might think that presenting only a visual image in print ad is a risky way because it can be much hard to deliver the message to the audience. However, it also can be the most effective way of delivering message to the audience because the image is alive and tells a lot of messages than words do.



1. SONY
The print ad that I found is a digital camera from Sony. The image they presented in the ad is so powerful that I instantly caught the message they were trying to say. The man who is a professional photographer is taking a picture and this man is holding a camera on his hand. His hand, however, is not actually holding a camera; he seems he is holding other camera, the professional and the bigger one. Then, the camera from Sony is placed between his hands and that is pretty much everything that the image shows in this ad. One singular and powerful message that I got from this ad is that Sony camera has all the functions and performances as the professional cameras have and it is much smaller than any other. This ad successfully delivered the product’s singular strength that no other competitors have.



2. Panasonic
This is also a great image presented in the print ad, the Viera 3D TV from Panasonic. There is a girl with 3D glasses, standing in her house and she is kicking a dinosaur (or Robot) out and telling them to go back into the TV. The images presented in humorous way because the dinosaur (Robot) is putting their heads down and going back where they came from. In the TV screen, on the other hand, I see the robots or dinosaurs fighting and the contrast of the situation between the TV and home made me laugh. Message was clear and I liked the way they presented the situation in the image.



3. Adidas
This ad typically grabbed my interest and made me think for moment, trying to figure out what this ad is trying to tell me. The color they used was so vivid and showing only one singular color made the ad look more powerful and strong. Then, I see the paint is pouring from the top and the paint is making a real shoe. I think this is one the most remarkable works in print ad because the image is placed in the center that did not scattered the view point and also the ad did not show the full image of shoe; it shows the process of making show with the paint. This idea was well done and presented in print ad that I actually visited the website and took a look for a while.

2 comments:

  1. I was writing a blog post about non-verbal advertising and marketing and came across this post. This is a really great group of ads. If you have a moment, take a look at my article. It's brief and I think reflects a non-standard viewpoint about the necessity for better communication in advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello!! Very interesting discussion glad that I came across such informative post. Keep up the good work friend. Glad to be part of your net community. 1on1 marketing

    ReplyDelete